Hey Beebe’s Bargains,
Is it your turn to host Thanksgiving this year? Whether you’re hosting 4 or 20, I’ve pulled some ideas together to help get those wheels turnin’ (if they haven’t started already!) and get you well on your way to being the “hostess [or host] with the mostest”!
The main focal point of almost every Thanksgiving is the table where everyone gathers. The possibilities are endless as to how you can make your table aesthetically pleasing. Styles can range from traditional farmhouse, classic elegance, or simply modern, and I’ve found a few products that when combined in different ways and with great pieces already in your home, you’re sure to create the most welcoming table. You may even find your guests don’t want to leave. 😉 The best part about most of these items is you won’t have to spend a fortune purchasing them. The sooner you decide on how you’d like to decorate your table, the easier it will be to buy the products as your budget allows.
- Go with neutrals – a burlap or off-white table runner, round natural braided placemats, eucalyptus garland and simple place settings keep a farmhouse style alive.
- Add natural features to your table – it’s amazing what nature can do! Pinecones, greenery, berries, dried grasses or wheat bundles…you name it, all will add subtle touches to your table.
- Bold colors – make an elegant statement with a colorful or patterned tablecloth or napkins incorporating different shades of Fall. Use some festive napkin rings to tie it all together. It’s amazing what a little color can do!
- Break out the China – Whether it’s patterned or plain, fine China can add such an elegant touch to a table without being too overbearing. It’s also a great way to bring together a family tradition if the dishes have been passed down through generations.
- Floral Centerpiece – if you splurge on one thing, why not make it the centerpiece of your table? And the bigger, the better! Just picture a beautiful centerpiece that spans the whole length of your table. If you’re willing to spend a few extra dollars, your local florist is a great option to help you design exactly what you’re looking for. And if you’re willing to complete a DIY, there are plenty of grocery stores with great floral selections with plenty of options to create a beautiful centerpiece all on your own.
To all these suggestions and ideas, you can do absolutely no harm in adding an endless number of candles and white pumpkins. Candles of all shapes and sizes bring such elegance to any table and also keep their appeal and beautiful glow as the evening progresses. The white pumpkins allow you to add a unique element while keeping the beauty of Fall alive.
To put the finishing touches on your table, consider adding nametags to each place setting. If you’ve been blessed with beautiful handwriting or are skilled in Calligraphy, it would add an elegant touch to write each guest’s name on some colored cardstock to go along with your theme. It would also be a great opportunity to purchase those mini chalkboards you’ve been eyeing up but you’re not quite sure how you’ll use them. 😊 Best part is, you’ll be able to use them time and time again, so it will be money well spent!
I want to leave you with a recipe for cider that not only sounds delicious but is sure to leave your house smelling as good as your table looks! Even better, it’s a recipe where all ingredients can be added to your crockpot Thanksgiving morning and within a few minutes, your kitchen will be smelling heavenly in no time. Recipe linked here!
To close, I’d like to encourage you all to take a few minutes to think about what you’re most thankful for. As the holidays approach, it’s so easy to start to fall into the hustle and bustle of the season. Let’s not forget to count our blessings and continue to be grateful for all that we’ve been given.
Enjoy decorating that table and have a blessed and fruitful Thanksgiving!
Kait (Beebe’s Blogger)